Saturday, November 3, 2007

Pumpkin coming out of my ears!

Tonight I spent hours baking pumpkins, scraping out the seeds, pureeing pumpkin and baking more pumpkin. I pureed 30 cups of pumpkin and froze it. I will be making lots of pumpkin bread, muffins, pie and cheesecake this winter and be giving some of the pumpkin away. I received two pumpkins for Free on Thursday. I was driving by a pumpkin patch and I saw all the pumpkins being cut open. So I stopped with a friend and asked what they were going to do with the leftover pumpkins... there were hundreds. They said they were just taking the seeds out and throwing the pumpkins away and he said we could have a couple. So we each got two pumpkins. And that is why I've been in the kitchen all evening pureeing pumpkin. Tomorrow I will roast the seeds.

Anyone have any good recipes for pumpkin?

Don't forget to "Fall Back" tonight!

2 comments:

Carrie J said...

That is great that you could get them for free. I love pumpkin bread. You can also use them in pancakes and cookies. I have a recipe for a Pumpkin Cake Roll that I will post on my blog if you are interested.

Tara said...

Sounds delicious. I would love the reicpe.