Sunday, January 11, 2009

Denver Zoo and Zoo Lights

While my sister was visiting we decided to try to go the zoo. Friday, the 2nd was looking good, it was going to be 62°. Gavin laid down for a nap at 11:30 or so, so i figured he'd be awake by 2 at the latest. Well he slept until 3pm. The zoo closed at 5pm and didn't let anyone in after 4pm. We decided to try and go anyways, really how much time did we want to spend at the zoo. So after getting lost on the way we arrived at 3:45. I knew Denver Zoo Lights was also going on starting at 5pm, so I asked and the cashier said if we stayed in the zoo when it closed at 5 we could enjoy the lights also and it wouldn't cost anymore. So we were able so see most of the animals before it got dark and then enjoyed the lights for about 45 minutes before meeting Clint and some friends for dinner at 6pm.

Gavin liked watching the giraffes and love the elephants!

I asked Gavin to sit in front of the peacock and this is what he did. Every time I would go to take a picture of him any other time, he would run out of the frame. So this is the best we got, sorry the pictures aren't too great, my camera hasn't been working too well.








No comments: