Sunday, September 14, 2008

Just Jam!

The last couple weeks I've made lots of jam. Started with peach. Tonya brought me back about 2 boxes of peaches from Palisade. So I made jam and peach/mango salsa and froze some for pies and smoothies. Then I got some free plums... so I tried jelly with them and froze the rest. Next we picked some raspberries and strawberries and made some jam with them. Also bought a box of corn that I split with Deb and we froze that. So we've been busy stocking up for winter.

Here is Gavin helping wash the fruit. 1st I showed him how to wash the plums and then he saw the peaches on the counter next to him and decided they needed to be washed too.








Now I have another box of peaches.... not sure what I'm going to do with them?? I may make a Peach Cobbler this week. Any other ideas?

No comments: