Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Day 2-Allergic reaction

Last night around 8:30 Gavin got sick and threw up all the food and milk he had eaten all day. And then his face broke out in a rash. I was pretty sure it was the milk. We had offered milk to him for a while and he would never take any more than a sip. He also won't eat cheese or ice cream. I think he may be allergic to dairy.

I called the doctor today about Gavin's reaction to the milk and the first thing I was told to do is stop giving him whole milk. Well duh! I already did that. Then she asked what formula he was on and I let her know that he was breast fed and always threw up the formula(which is milk based) when we tried giving it to him. The nurse called me back and said to try goat's milk($2.99 a quart) and make Gavin an appointment for next week. I know there are a lot of options out there other than drinking milk, I just need to do some research and see what I can find out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heard goats milk is awesome for him! You can always try rice milk (but I heard soy is not so good for them anymore.) Good luck! My Logan grew out of his milk allergy at about 15 months so hang in there!